This is a bash solution to script REST API calls.
The specialties of this component are
- It was build to simplify http calls and handle http response for scripts
- After making a request the response stays is in memory. There is no output to any file to grep something or to cleanup after usage.
- Its functions feel a bit like class methods, i.e. http.getResponse to get the response body or http.getResponseHeader for the Http response header
- This component wraps curl - ist supports any http method
- works with anonymous requests and Basic Authentication
- The response can be stored … and reimported later. After import you can use the http.get* functions to fetch results from the former request.
- Caching support for GET requests with a given TTL: if you repeat a request to the same url and ttl was not reached yet then you continue with the cached result
License: GNU GPL 3
- Bash as shell (runs on Linux - or with Cygwin or other Bash implementations on MS Windows too.)
- Curl must be in the path
- optional: sha1sum (for export function with autogenerated filenames only)