Table of Contents
Stream file donwloads
shoutcast + icecast streams
Streamripper will be used to download each single file
- playlist m3u will be fetched to grep the first stream in it. That one will be put to streamripper.
- playlist mpegurl will be fetched to grep the first stream in it. That one will be put to streamripper.
- playlist pls can be handled directly by streamripper.
Single file donwloads
Single file downloads will be handled by
Jamendo: tracks - mp3 single files
downloaded files will be renamed to “TITLE - ARTIST (YEAR).mp3” by using
ffprobe(which is part of ffmpeg package)
MODArchiv: mod, it, s3m, xm
the name of the target file is taken from http reponse header - value
Tested ST2 channel plugins
The following list gives you a general overview about tested channel plugins.
- In each type of plugin - even if it is marked as functional - can be some radiostations that do not work.
- Because of internal handling for local downloads and fetching urls you can download more station in this early version already compared to configuring the download with a streamripper binary directly.
In alphabetic order:
- ✔️ filtermusic direct streaming urls (Icecast)
- ✔️ Internet-Radio PLS playlist via http(s)
- 🔶 Jamendo
- ◻️ radios
- ◻️ playlists
- ◻️ albums
- ✔️ track - download of a single file with curl including automatic renaming
- ✔️ LiveRadio direct streaming urls
- ✔️ MODarchive download of a single file with curl; the name of the target file will be detected from
- ✔️ MyOggRadio PLS playlist in local /tmp directory
- ✔️ RadioBrowser direct streaming urls (Icecast)
- ◻️ reddit not supported; videos will be shown in VLC
- ✔️ Shoutcast PLS playlist via http(s)
- ✔️ SomaFM PLS playlist via http(s)
- ✔️ Streema direct streaming urls (Icecast)
- ✔️ Surfmusic M3U playlist via http(s) - 1st sreaming url in it will be used
- ✔️ TuneIn audio/x-mpegurl playlist via http(s) - 1st sreaming url in it will be used
- ✔️ UbuntuUsers
- ✔️ M3U Playlist
- ✔️ direct streaming urls (Icecast)
- ✔️ Xiph.org direct streaming urls (Icecast)
error -9 [SR_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE] The streaming url cannot be parsed. Maybe there is a wrong or unencoded character in it.
error -28 [SR_ERROR_INVALID_METADATA] This is a bug in streamripper: t tries to request metadata in protocol version http/1.1 - but streamripper can understand http 1.0 only.