Table of Contents
Record helper script for Streamtuner 2
This script contains some logic to download different streaming types in Streamtuner 2 with streamripper.
Links to related products:
- Streamtuner 2: internet radio directory browser https://sourceforge.net/projects/streamtuner2/
- Streamripper: record streams as mp3 to your hard drive https://streamripper.sourceforge.net/
I was a bit frustrated: why does nothing happen if I press [Record] in Streamripper 2?! So it was my challenge: show something what happens or show an error that I am able to read and to analyze.
If this was done I saw why a few streams do not start to donload. Do I need to fetch a real stream first by following “location:” or grep the 1st line of a m3u playlist.
With the different station plugins exist several constellations. This script is an initial point and not feature complete yet.
- You get output! Which stream was requested, http headers for details.
- on error: a window does not just close - you have 60 sec to read it
- automatic fetching for a real streaming url in some playlist types
- support for the download of files (Jamendo, MODarchive) with automatic renaming
- remove unused streamripper output directories and cleanup of ‘incomlete’ dirs
- command line parameter support
Stop on error
If any error occours before the download starts you get a few debug infos about the http header. On exist the script waits that you are able to read the output.
Next to streamripper I detect single foles for mp3 or tracker files (.mod, .it, .st3). If a file was found it will be downloaded.